mom's ancestry

12/31/2009 5:03:50 AM
CCHOLTER:

I am starting a new folder on my computer.

My mother, 96, is currently living at a retirement home in Brookings SD.

A few years ago, I purchased a book for MOM “The Story of a Lifetime” .. A keepsake of personal memories.

I gave her this book at one point for her to write her memoirs. She wrote her answers on a three ring binder.

I am going to write her answers in this folder, using Microsoft Word. The full URL (web address) will be

http://ccholter.blogspot.com

To all you liberals, nay Sayers, etc. , just ignore this web page, ok?

My mother’s memoirs follow:

Q: If your ancestors emigrated from another country, from where did they come? When? How did they come? Where did they settle and why?

A: My Bergh ancestors came from Skiptvedt, Smaalevenees (sp?) , Amt , (sp?) Norway. They came in 1860. They traveled six weeks by boat. They settled in Red Wing, Minn area. – ccholter –

NOTE: My mother’s handwriting at times is rather shaky. I will do my best in transcribing. – myron@myownfaith2.com -- ALSO – Mom wrote her memoirs while she was still residing in Bruce SD. I would like to believe these memoirs were written 10 years ago or so. Mom did not post any dates on her notes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog